Monday, July 3, 2017

Kelly Lynn Goodhart Photographs on Display at Kent Public Library







Artist Statement:  Kelly Lynn Goodhart

I have been interested in photography since my Grandmother gave me a Vivitar film camera in 5th grade.  It traveled everywhere with me and with it, I took pictures of everything & everyone.  It was my favorite possession and nothing used to excite me more than receiving my prints.

While days of ordering prints in the mail & taking pictures with my small film camera have long passed, my enjoyment of photography has not.  Sports & concerts were my favorite subjects as I longed to capture photos of people “famous” to me – until I started spending more time in nature.  

My husband Justin & I have been fortunate enough to travel nationally & internationally taking photos of our many adventures.  

One such adventure saw us attending a farm dinner a few years ago.  Seated at the gigantic table, I had the opportunity to sit next to a professional photographer who had published several books & declared that he was giving up on using his full camera gear & instead working solely with his iPhone.  I have to confess that as much as I like using my Nikon D7100, I love taking photos with my iPhone.   

Several photos on display were taken with my iPhone - can you spot them?

Contact Information:
Email: kelly.goodhart@gmail.com
Phone: 914-602-7738
Instagram: @KellyLynnDJ