Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Emil Figueroa Artwork on Display at Kent Public Library




Emil Figueroa Fine Art
 

I spent my childhood in Brooklyn, NY and at the age of 10, I began studying figure drawing at the Pratt Institute on weekends. I attended the High School of Art and Design in New York City and graduated with a concentration in illustration and costume design. 

After many years of working in the telecommunications industry, I decided to venture back into the world of art. Around 2006 and at the suggestion of a neighbor, I began studying with a local artist.  For the past 11 years, I have been studying with artist, Andrew Lattimore of Cornwall-on-Hudson, NY. I have also attended workshops taught by artist, Joe Paquet.
I have participated in many local venues including the Howland Cultural Center, Barrett School, Hudson Valley Hospital Center, The Book Cove, Downing Film Center, Beekman Library, McKinney and Doyle Restaurant, and the ArtEast Open Studio Tour. 

In my studio, one of my favorite subjects to paint is teddy bears and hoping along the way to bring them to life. All of my landscapes of the great Hudson Valley are created en plein air. Every opportunity I have, I love spending outdoors capturing the beauty surrounding me.  I also enjoy journalizing my vacations by putting brush to canvas.